Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!

Alright, so it is officially 2010 and as of yesterday I started a new semester. I can already tell this is going to be a long and hard semester, so I will really have to focus on being healthy and make sure that just because I am pushed on time that I do not let my nutrition/health slide away from me. Like most people I have made new years resolutions, and at first they were quite ridiculous and I failed within the first week, so now I have adjusted them to be a bit more realistic. Here are my resolutions regarding health and nutrition:
#1. No white bread! Only eat carbs that are whole wheat/multigrain etc as to keep myself from consuming empty carbs!
#2. Always have either fruits or vegetables with every meal.
#3. Smaller portions!! Eat half of what I would normally consume in the dining halls.
#4. Only 1-2 deserts per week. (this will be tough)
#5. Limit 1 soda per week!
#6. Walk to class as much as possible even though it is freezing here!
#7. Sign up for work out classes at the Rec center and don't miss a class!
And those are the only ones I can come up with at the moment. We will see how it goes. And I will find some healthy things in the dining courts that will fit these resolutions and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment